5 November 2015, Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu – Microsoft introduced Windows 10 to Cebuanos as a free upgrade for eligible Windows 7 and 8.1 devices or with new PCs and tablets. Dubbed the best and most secure Windows ever, Windows 10 is now delivered as a service and kept automatically up-to-date with innovations and security updates. It is built on the feedback from millions of IT pros, making it the most extensively tested version of Windows ever.
Windows 10 is fast and familiar—with the return of the Start menu and Live Tiles for instant streaming updates of what matters most. It is the most secure Windows that Microsoft has ever released, with enhancements to Windows Defender and SmartScreen to help safeguard against viruses, malware and phishing and new innovations like Windows Hello, which offers a fast, secured, password-free way to log in. Keeping up-to-date is also simple, as free updates will help people stay current with the latest features and security updates for the lifetime of the device.
Windows 10 is more personal and productive, with voice, pen and gesture inputs for natural interaction with PCs. It is designed to work perfectly with Office and Skype and allows you to switch between apps and stay organized with Snap and Task View. Windows 10 offers many innovative experiences and devices. These include:
- Microsoft Edge lets people quickly browse, read, and mark up and share the Web. Fast, streamlined and personal, the all-new browser empowers people to focus on content that matters to them and actively engage with the Web.
- Continuum optimizes apps and experiences beautifully across devices in both touch and desktop modes.
- Built-in apps including Photos; Maps; Microsoft’s new music app, Groove; and Movies and TV offer entertainment and productivity options. With OneDrive, files can be easily shared and kept up-to-date across all devices.
- Office Mobile apps for Windows 10 tablets will offer a consistent, touch-first experience across a range of devices. The full feature OneNote app also comes pre-installed with Windows 10. Together with the latest Office desktop apps, Windows 10 offers the richest feature set for professional content creation. Designed for the precision of a keyboard and mouse, these apps will be optimized for large screen PCs, laptops, and 2-in-1 devices like the Surface Pro.
Ready for corporate deployment, Windows 10 will help companies protect against modern cyberattacks, deliver experiences employees will love and enable continuous innovation with a platform that keeps companies up-to-date with the latest technology. Businesses will be able to control the frequency of their updates and select the features and functionality that are right for each group of their employees.
Windows 10 includes built-in enterprise grade security, so customers can replace passwords with more secure options, protect corporate data and corporate identities, and run only the software they trust. New management and deployment tools simplify device management, help lower costs, and enable companies to power their business with the enterprise strength of the Microsoft Azure cloud.
Together with the latest Office apps, Windows 10 will enable companies to work collaboratively anywhere, with the same familiar experience across PCs, tablets, and mobile devices. With Office 365 on Windows 10, organizations can benefit from a breadth of tools for the modern workplace which are constantly updated and scalable with latest productivity features for employees to get things done:
- Modern mobility: With familiar and latest Office 365 apps now available on Windows 10 mobile, users can get work done anywhere, anytime on their preferred device.
- Modern collaboration: Enterprises can get access to enterprise-grade online tools that enable sharing all documents and co-author in real-time. Office Delve, now available to all Office 365 for business users, proactively highlights key information that is relevant to users based on tasks and colleagues they work with closely. Office 2016 now also features Co-authoring which enables users to collaborate through real-time typing that allows seeing others’ edits as they happen.
- Modern meetings: Skype for Business, a communications and collaboration platform brings together an experience inspired by Skype with enterprise-grade security, compliance and control. It offers features including presence, IM, voice and video calls, and online meetings. In addition, the new Office features Skype in-app integration across the rich client apps allows IM, screen share, talk or video chat right in the docs.
- Security and controls: Microsoft’s commitment in building a trusted cloud ensures that company data is protected. In addition, Office 2016 users will receive new features for better enterprise security and protection, including Built-in Data Loss Protection, Multifactor authentication and Enterprise Data Protection.
“Windows 10 is designed to empower people to achieve great things and to deliver a more human way of doing. Furthermore, it builds on our vision of offering our consumers a more personal and natural computing experience that offers unmatched mobility and a tailored experience across devices,” said Mae Moreno, Windows Lead for Microsoft Philippines. “We believe that the new Windows can truly help our customers be productive in both their digital work and their digital life and this represents our first step towards a whole new generation of Windows.”