One of the most exciting things I did with my brothers Reymond and Edd last year was climbing the Taraw Cliffs! It was a Sunday, 6:30AM as our group started ascending to the peak. We booked the mountain guides from Servant Tours, the same tour operator we booked our island hopping package. (Taraw Peak package priced 300php per person, contact Servant Tours at 09154157245 or 09178088599..)
Honestly speaking, this is not for everybody. The climb to the peak is extreme and dangerous. To those who are planning to climb up the peak, here’re some tips:
1. Wear comfy shoes (preferably rock climbing shoes)
The climb is really rough, specially for beginners. You would be stepping on pointy rocks so it’s advisable to wear those climbing shoes with thick soles/ right cushion.
2. Wear something light and clothes that won’t work against your flexibility.
Since you would be moving so much, wear something comfortable . If you have gloves for climbing, then it may come handy.
3. Bring first aid kit ( Band aid, providone iodine, cotton, etc)
4. Be sure to bring at least a liter of water per person.
5. Before putting all your weight on a grip when climbing, be sure the rock your gripping on is strong and not loose. Same as with your footing.
6. Wear insect repellent and sunblock.
7. Be sure that you are physically and mentally ready for the climb prior to this trip.
8. Listen carefully to your guide during the briefing.
Personally, I enjoyed the climb and the breathtaking view at the peak, it was awesome! I just wish the climb would be safer with the implementation of proper gears and harnesses, especially for beginners. 🙂
We finished the climb and the descend in 4 hours. It was a crazy yet fun adventure!
Enjoy these wonderful captures from the peak.
How to get to El Nido from Puerto Princesa? Click here: https://www.iluvcebu.com/el-nido-and-puerto-princesa-palawan-weekender/