Open to even the non practitioners of Taoism, this temple is a famous attraction in Cebu. Non worshiping tourists visit Taoist temple for the towering temple, well maintained greens and structures, the view overlooking Cebu City and maybe to take a glimpse of the Taoism ritual.
Taoist temple is the center for Taoism in Cebu, the religion which follows the teachings of ancient Chinese philosopher, Lao Zi.
Worshippers and devotees of Taoism go to the temple to pray to the gods to grant their wishes and perform Taoism rituals. Below are a few of them.
1. Wash hands
2. Go inside the chapel barefoot
3. Dropping two blocks of wood.
4. if both blocks are facing up, then one can make a wish.
Fortune Reading Ritual
1. Climbing 81 steps representing the 81 chapters of Taoism scriptures
2. Light Joss sticks
3. Have fortune read by monks.
Cebu Taoist temple is open everyday from 9:00AM to 5:00PM and is located at Beverly Hills Cebu City.
1. Do not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts and slippers when entering the temple’s altar.
2. Always observe silence. Remember this is a place where people pray and reflect.
3. Taking pictures of the altar is not allowed.
How to get there:
From JY Square Mall: Ride a 04L Jeepney and alight at corner Beverly Hills Subdivision. Then ride a habal-habal / motorcycle.
Hail a taxi and give the address: 3rd Street Taoist Temple Beverly Hills Cebu City