Jurong Bird Park Singapore is definitely a charm. Over 5,000 birds across 400 species are housed in a 20.2 hectare habitat that mirror the birds’ naturalistic environments. The largest bird park in Asia, be sure to allot a whole day to enjoy and appreciate the park and its feathered residents.
Though a guided train ride is available, I prefer walking around the park and and take pleasure in photographing the colorful feathered creatures . I get to enjoy close encounters with some species of small birds that fly freely around the park. Like this colorful fella on my capture below who flew beside me while waiting for the High Flyers Show to start. High Flyers Show is a display of how intelligent this birds are at the same time be amazed by their natural beauty.During the show, parrots play and race against time displaying their speed and agility was so adorable. The great-pied hornbills taking flight was astonishing and was mesmerized as Amigo, the Yellow-Naped Amazon, sings in three languages, the only bird in the world who has that awesome talent! Then a flock of beautiful flamingos during the closing! <3 High Flyers Show are showing daily, 11AM and 3PM. And be sure to arrive at least 15 minutes earlier to be able to secure preferred seat.
Another favorite attraction at Jurong Bird Park is the Lory Loft. This feature the world’s largest Lory flight aviary and expect to see bright colored lories and lorikeets in an Australian outback-themed 3,000square meter aviary. Best time to visit is in the morning or late in the afternoon, when it’s a bit cooler and the lories at their friendliest.
The flamingos at Flamingo lake is one of the picturesque sights and the penguins are so adorable. Both attractions are also on my list of favorite exhibits in the park.
The park has over 100 plant species and have several lakes and waterfalls mimicking the birds’ natural habitat on over 20 hectare property. So here’s some tips and advice I’d be leaving you guys before I end this blog.
1. Since you’d be doing a lot of strolling, be sure to wear comfortable shoes.
2. Singapore weather is pretty much unpredictable, so be prepared for a downpour. Bring an umbrella or a raincoat.
3. Wear insect repellent
4. Wear sunscreen/sunblock
5. Stay hydrated
6. Plan your Jurong Bird Park Itinerary. Be sure to plot the shows and the feedings first then insert the exhibits/and attractions between them. And be sure to grab a the park’s map upon entering.
7. DON’T SHARE YOUR FOOD WITH THE BIRDS
The personal encounter with my new found feathered friends is something that I can’t forget. I wouldn’t mind visiting Jurong Bird Park again on my next trip to Singapore. 🙂
Jurong Bird Park Operating Hours: 8:30AM to 6:00PM everyday
Admission: SGD 25.00 for Adults and SGD 16.00 for Children (Senior Citizen: SGD 10.00)
How to get to Jurong Bird Park:
Jurong Bird Park is at 2 Jurong Hill Singapore
The nearest MRT station to Jurong Bird Park is on the East-West (Green) line. Catch these connecting public buses that will take you right to the Bird Park.
|Nearest MRT stations||Connecting buses|
|Boon Lay (EW27)||Bus No. 194 or 251
From Boon Lay bus interchange
*** Show Times:
1. High Flyers Show: Venue: Pools Ampitheatre | 11:00AM & 3:00PM Daily
2. Kings of the Skies: Venue: Hawk Walk | 10:00AM & 4:00PM Daily
1. Lunch with the parrots: Venue: Songbird Terrace | Lunch Time 12:00Noon – 2:00PM | Buffet Prices 20.50SGD for Adults and 16.50SGD for Children.
2. Lory Feeding 8:30AM -6:00PM
3. Penguin Encounter 10:30AM
4. Hornbill Chit-chat 11:45AM
(See http://www.birdpark.com.sg/shows-feedings/feeding-times.html for more bird feeding times)