Capture the beauty and serenity of the Silmugi River of Borbon, Cebu
iLuvCebu.com, in collaboration with the local government of Borbon, Cebu, is proud to announce the iLuvSilmugi Photo Contest.
This contest is open to all professional and amateur photographers.
There will be no registration fee. Just accomplish the registration form by clicking THIS. Only one registrant is allowed per IP address. The first 35 registrants will be entertained. Final list of photographers will be posted in iLuvCebu’s FB like page.
- Camera requirement: DSLR
- Competition Date : May 7, 2011. All participants are requested to meet at 5AM in Asiatown IT Park. Participants will travel in convoy to Silmugi River, Borbon, Cebu. Should a photographer need a transportation service, please indicate in the registration form.
- Entrants may submit a minimum of five (5) photos.
- All photo entries should not contain any markings such as watermark, etc.
- Photos will be uploaded in iLuvCebu’s FB like page. Photographers should not upload any entry in any other website until the winners of the photo contest are announced.
EDIT (05/02/11) – Should the photographer wish to take photos on a different day, please indicate in the online registration form (CLICK). Deadline of the submission of entries shall not be changed. Expenses should also be shouldered by the participating photographer.
The photograph must comply with the following requirements:
- Photos should be in full color. Digitally enhanced photos will be accepted as long as there are no heavy manipulations. Judges’ discretion will apply.
- All photographs must have been taken by the person whose name appears on the registration form. By entering the contest, entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph.
- Entrants may submit a minimum of five (5) high-resolution photos (at least 300 dpi).
-All entries (printed photographs in 8” x 12” size) should be placed inside a sealed envelope and submitted at Mango Park Hotel. Also include the JPEG files of the photos in a CD. Label the envelope “iLuvSilmugi Photo Contest” and put your name under.
- Entries must be received no later than May 16, 2011.
- Rights to all the entries shall belong exclusively to the local government of Borbon, Cebu. The photographer may not use the photographs or variation of that same composition for any other purpose except for his personal portfolio. The Local Government of Borbon can use the entries in any legitimate purpose without compensation.
- The photographer grants the local government of Borbon unrestricted, non-exclusive rights to use photograph(s) for any legitimate purpose without compensation. This includes, but is not limited to, publishing your photograph(s) in print (e.g. the town’s fiesta souvenir program) or to store copies of the said images in a digital archive. Also, the photographer’s name will be included as a credit along with the photograph. Thus, the photographer retains ownership of the photographs entered in this contest.
- Photographers should arrive at the meeting place on time. A brief introduction and overview will be given by the Silmugi Festival chairman, Mr. Luis de la Rama. Lunch will be served.
Panel of judges include Mr. Erwin Lim, Mr. Paul Gotiong, Hon. Bernard Sepulveda (municipal mayor), Hon. Noel Dotillos (municipal vice-mayor) and 2 other representatives of the LGU of Borbon . Evaluation is based on the following criteria:
Composition – 30%
Are the items of interest placed well in the photo?
Are there distracting elements?
Creativity – 30%
Is the subject matter pictured in a unique way or is a common item shown from an interesting point-of-view?
Does the photo demonstrate originality?
Has the photographer used light in interesting ways?
Technical quality – 40%
Is the photo in focus?
Is lighting in balance?
Is depth of field considered/used?
Shutter speed varied or adjusted to be appropriate for the photo?
- Decisions of the judges are final.
- Winners will be notified through the contact details they provided.
1st place: P 10,000.00 cash prize and trophy
2nd place: P 7,000.00 cash prize and trophy
3rd place: P 5,000.00 cash prize and trophy
All winning entries will be featured in www.iLuvCebu.com.