iLuvCebu steps up and encourages Cebuanos to take part in its marine conservation effort through protection and preservation of the oceans’ ecosystem with its advocacy called “Guardians of Atlantis”. Five-star Shangri-La’s Mactan Resort & Spa accords the endeavor by hosting this year’s first #iLuvCebuInstameet gathering in time for Earth Day 2017.
#iLuvCebuInstameet is a venue for local instagrammers to gather, meet new friends, be creative, share best social media practices and a chance to reach out to the community. iLuvCebu’s fourth instameet episode is truly special as it will give the participants the opportunity to make a difference in the community, through an effort that will make a good impact in marine conservation.
Shangri-La’s Mactan Resort & Spa’s support is essential in accomplishing the aims of iLuvCebu’s marine conservation advocacy, as Maco’s Hub is an ideal source of knowledge for ‘Guardians of Atlantis’ aspirants. Located at its beachfront, Shangri-La’s Mactan Resort & Spa’s marine conservation center whose endeavor is uplifting marine biodiversity, also serves as a hub for guests to participate in the resort’s social responsibility activities under the resort’s Care for Nature program.
The resort’s experienced marine biologist Irene Tan, together with guest speaker Miss Scuba International 2013 first-runner up Christine Paula Love Bernasor, will give a talk on marine conservation awareness to novice ocean protectors. The event will highlight the resort’s ingenuity in making and planting/grafting artificial corals -a great feat that restored and preserved the beauty of the resort’s underwater city that friendly fishes of many species call home.
#iLuvCebuInstameet: Love our Seas will take place this 22nd of April 2017, Saturday, at Shangri-La’s Mactan Resort & Spa. Filling out of the registration form at iLuvCebu.com is ongoing until April 16. For questions about the event, you may email instameet@iLuvCebu.com.
Registration requirements are as follows:
1. Must be 18 years old and above
2. Must be an instagram user for atleast 3 months with a minimum of 21 photos on the account
3. Follow Shangri-La’s Mactan Resort & Spa on Facebook and Instagram (twitter if applicable)
4. Follow iLuvCebu.com on Facebook and Instagram (twitter if applicable)
5. Share the blogpost about iLuvCebuInstameet on Facebook
6. Regram (Repost on instagram) a photo of the official #iLuvCebuInstameet 4.0: Love our Seas with the official hashtags – #ShangriLaMactan #iLuvCebuInstameet #iLuvCebu
7. Fill out the Registration Form
8. After verifying your information, an email with the event program and rules will be sent to your email.
9. You’ll be asked to send a picture of your I.D., government issued ID or current school I.D to instameet@iLuvCebu.com
Official Hashtags: #ShangriLaMactan #iLuvCebuInstameet #iLuvCebu